RUINS AND FORTRESSESFor the people passionate about Middle Ages and ancient history, several ruins and fortresses are available for discovery.
FORTRESSES & CASTLES
- The town of ARCEVIA (about 23 km far away) has nine fortresses spread across the following locations: Avacelli, Castiglioni, Caudino, Loretello, Montale, Nidastore, Palazzo, Piticchio and San Pietro.
- ROCCA DI OFFAGNA (about 45km far away). It has a museum of ancient armies too.
- CASTELLO PALLOTTA DI CALDAROLA (about 93km far away) – out of order due to recent earthquake
- ROCCA DI FOSSOMBRONE (about 60km far away)
- ROCCA DI GRADARA (about 100km far away)
- PALAZZO DUCALE DI URBANIA (about 100km away) has a collection of book, art pieces and archives
- PALAZZO DUCALE DI URBINO (about 100km far away)
- PARCO ARCHEOLOGICO di SENTINUM, location Santa Lucia in Sassoferrato
- GROTTE DI CAMERANO which host an underground town
- HELVIA RECINA, location Villa Potenza in Macerata, shows ruins of an ancient roman town
- FORTE DI SAN LEO
- CASTELLI DI SAN MARINO